A while ago I wrote a tiny article giving some stat blocks for merchants and tradesman around your 5e world, and then I popped it on the DMs Guild and people actually bought it. With real money.
Alongside my excitement at having made money from my writing for the first time ever, I felt bad that it was really just two pages that people had paid for. So I supersized it!
Now, the merchants article includes:
- Stat blocks for common and master merchants
- A system for figuring out the value of goods (appraising), which you can use for your merchants or for players who want to make such a check
- Three different NPCs, premade for you with wants, desires, and a place in the world
- Each of them have a quest prompt for you to expand on that you can fit into your world, or kick off your campaign with
- 24 items that the NPCs sell, each ready for you to put some history into
- Four bits of DM advice!