Following my notes on merchants, my next article is discussing lost civilisations, ranging from the extinction of entire species, the affect of a single family disappearing, or even just one unique creature going missing. In any case, this chapter will dive into what’s left for your adventurers to find when someone vanishes from the face of the earth.
Ruins and reminders of who came before help fill your world with history that makes it feel more real. Maybe your adventurer’s quest didn’t just start last Tuesday, but they’re following the events of something that happened three centuries ago that’s only now causing problems.
Here’s what you get in this one:
- The history of three ideas for long gone people that you’re free to steal or use for inspiration
- Five tables to roll on (along with a healthy dose of imagination) to build your own long lost group
- A whole one-shot adventure, with the potential to totally end the world unless your characters can act against a ritual to summon a kraken
- Six ridiculously powerful rings
- Stats for a bright imp, a cool celestial controlled imp
- Sprinklings of DM advice all through